The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service online portal is now open.
Students who sat for their KCSE in 2018 and attained mean grade C+ or above are eligible for University admission and can now log in to the portal to revise or apply for courses they wish to pursue in.
Here is how to go about it.
- Type www.kuccps.ac.ke into a web browser and press enter
- Go to the Students Portal link and click on it
- In the next page, click on LOGIN option and enter your KCSE index number in the designated box
- Enter your KCSE Year in the next box
- Enter your KCPE index number or Birth certificate number (as used in KCSE Exam registration) in the PASSWORD box and click LOG IN
- Once you are logged in, click on Programmes tab and select domain under which your desired course falls
- Select the courses you desire and whose cluster points you meet (this differs from university to university)
- To calculate your cluster points, add the points of all cluster subjects required for the course you desire. Alternatively, use this cluster point calculator
- Next, click on the Course Basket tab to see the courses you have chosen. Trim the selection by removing courses whose minimum requirements you do not meet
- Click on the Application/Revision tab, then APPLY NOW
- Enter the course codes for the courses you selected. The codes are indicated in the Course Basket
- Click SUBMIT to go to the final step
Finally, you need to pay the application fees.
- Go to the M-Pesa menu and choose the Paybill option
- Enter 820201 as Business Number
- Enter year of KCSE followed by your index number as account number (e.g. 201837616000001)
- Enter amount then M-Pesa PIN to complete the transaction
- Enter the M-pesa transaction code in the designated box in the pop-up window that appeared when you clicked SUBMIT
- Click Submit to complete the process
To revise, click on change/revise link under Course/Program.
According to Education CS Amb. Amina Mohamed, the placement service will process applications on merit, taking into account student’s performance in KCSE, courses selected, available capacity, affirmative action for gender, persons with disabilities as well as those from marginalised areas.
A one-month window will be opened in May 2019 for selected students to apply for inter-instructional transfers.
Selections to Universities will only cover 2018 KCSE students while placemet to TVET institutions will cover candidates of previous years up to 2000.
The final selection will be concluded in 12th April 2019.
The deadline for this exercise will be 23rd February, 2019.