Here are its technical specifications
The device measures 156.6 x 73.9 x 8.7 mm and weighs 188g.
It has a glass front and back mounted on an aluminium frame.
The HTC U12 Plus has a 6.0-inch Super LCD6, Quad HD+ capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1440 x 2880 pixels (537ppi) and an aspect ratio of 18:9.
The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
OS and Processors
The device runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo) with a planned upgrade to Android P.
It is powered by an Octa-core processor (4×2.8GHz Kyro 385 Gold and 4×1.7GHz Kyro 385 Silver) based on the Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 chipset.
Graphics are powered by an Adreno 630 GPU.
RAM and Processor
The HTC U12 Plus comes with 6 GB of RAM and 64 or 128 GB of storage. Storage is expandable externally via microSD of up to 400 GB.
The device has a dual-lens shooter of 12MP (f/1.8, 1.4µm) and 16MP (f/2.6, 1.0 µm). The camera has OIS, gyro-EIS, dual-tone duel-LED flash among other features.
It is capable of recording 2160p video at 60fps, 1080p at 30/60/240fps.
The secondary camera is 8MP (f/2.0, 1.12 µm) with HDR, panorama and 1080p capability.
Network and Connectivity
The device supports GSM, HSPA and LTE network standards. Communication with other devices is via:
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot, DLNA
- Bluetooth v5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
The HTC U12+ draws its power from a non-removable Li-Ion 3500mAh battery.
- Pressure-sensitive buttons
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Colours: Translucent blue, ceramic black, flame red
Price and Availability
The device is expected in markets by June 2018 and it will cost about $799 for the 64GB and $849 for the 128GB.