Education CS Amina Mohammed announced this year’s much anticipated Kenya Certificate of Primary Education results a few hours ago from Star of the Sea Primary School, Mombasa.
Here’s what we know so far:
- The top spot is shared by two candidates who scored 453 marks out of the possible 500 marks. The two are Rawlings Odhiambo of Kakamega Hill School and Olive Wachira of Riara School, Nairobi.
- 12,273 candidates scored 400 marks and above
- 228,414 candidates scored between 301 and 400 marks
- 574,927 candidates scored between 201 and 300 marks
- 234,573 candidates scored between 101 and 200 marks
- 2,177 candidates scored between 1 and 100 marks
- The number of candidates who scored 400 and above this year is more than in previous examinations.
- Male candidates performed better than their female counterparts in Maths, Science, Social Studies and Religious Studies.
- Female candidates performed better than their male counterparts in English, Kiswahili and Kenyan sign language.
- A total of 1,052,364 sat this year’s KCPE examination.
- 527,294 boys sat for the exam, representing 50.1% of total candidates.
- 525,070 girls sat for the exam, representing 49.1% of total candidates
To get KCPE results, send the candidate’s KCPE Index numner to 20076. SMS are charged at Ksh. 25.